another man card...

I needed an encouraging card for a man. Man cards are never, ever easy. I seem to almost always fall back on my old faithful "Noble Deer".

What I used:
Noble Deer stamp set, Weathered and Sanded background stamps, Words of Wisdom (retired)
Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Kraft card stock
Chocolate Chip classic ink (would have been better to use Basic Brown though) and Blue Bayou and Wild Wasabi classic ink for watercoloring.
Sponges and Earth Elements, Not Quite Navy brads

What I did:
I wanted to use an encouraging verse on my card and could not find one in my current word sets so I resorted to using the retired set Words of Wisdom. I stamped the deer and verse in chocolate chip classic ink, but a better choice would have been to use Basic Brown. But when I stamped it I didn't intend to watercolor the image, that idea came later. The main image is sponged around the edges with chocolate chip as well as stamped with the sanded background (stamped off several times first). The main image is then layered on chocolate chip and soft sky matting. The chocolate chip card body is stamped with the sanded background, inked with chocolate chip and the blue bayou background piece is stamped with the weathered background, inked and sponges with chocolate chip ink. Then layerd with soft sky. I don't like to use ribbon on guy cards since it just seems to feminine so I usually resort to hemp, linen thread or brads. This time I chose Not Quite Navy brads from the Earth Elements brad collection.

Comments

Judy Rozema said…
I love how you ended up doing the watercolor! It looks really great!
Corie said…
This is a stunning guy card -- and they are the most difficult.
Aimee said…
This looks like a great man card.. I always have issues coming up with them.
Helen said…
What a great card - love the Weathered background; one of my favourites!

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

November Our Daily Bread Designs new release blog hop