April workshop projects...

I just wanted to share the projects for my April workshops with you. I had my first workshop of the month on Saturday and these three projects were very well received.

The first card uses the stamp set Embrace Life. We didn't do anything very tricky with this one. The flower is colored with a real red marker and highlights were added with the white gel pen.

What I used:
Embrace Life stamp set, Polka Dot background stamp
Certainly Celery, Real Red, Whisper White card stock
Certainly Celery, Real Red classic ink pads
Real Red Stampin' Write marker, white Signo gel pen
Certainly Celery wide grosgrain ribbon

The next project uses Bloomin' Beautiful, the new Afternoon Tea designer paper, the new poly-twill Chocolate Chip ribbon and a ribbon slider from the new Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. All of which can be found in the Occasions Mini catalog.

On the main image the bloom defined stamp is stamped in the background with soft sky classic ink. The flower image is stamped in basic black classic ink then watercolored with soft sky classic. The stem is colored with a mellow moss markder. The edges (though it doesn't show in the picture very well) are sponged with soft sky as well.

What I used:
Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set
Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stock
Afternoon Tea designer paper
Basic Black, Soft Sky classic ink pads
Mellow Moss Stampin' Write marker
Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon
ribbon slider from Silver Hodgepodge hardware

This third card was inspired by a card I saw earlier by Beate Johns. She used the same stamp set and brayered her background but I wanted a softer look so I used whisper white card stock instead of gloss card stock and I used sponge daubers to add the color. And since I wanted a long panel so I stamped just a little bit more of the image at an angle above where I stamped the first image.


What I used:
Essence of Love stamp set
Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie card stock
Basic Black, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie classic ink
vintage brads
sponge dauber

Comments

Anonymous said…
I bet they were well received!!
I would be so pumped if I went to a workshop and these were the projects!!!!

Lovely and brilliant!
Angel said…
Such beautiful cards! I'm sure they loved them! Great colors!
Becky G said…
These are beautiful, Deb!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful Deb!! I love what you did with Essence!! Gorgeous!! And the Soft Sky and choc chip!! Beautiful!!
Jennie Skaggs said…
WOW....these cards are gorgeous. Jennie
Judy Rozema said…
Wonderful job!!! I love all of them!

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

November Our Daily Bread Designs new release blog hop