Tuesday, August 28, 2007

sometimes simple is best

You know what? Sometimes simple is best! This stamp set, Sidekick Saying screams for simple and I think this card came out so simple but nice that I will probably use it for my workshops next month.
What I used:
Sidekick Sayings stamp set (hostess)
purely pomegranate, pretty in pink, old olive and whisper white card stock
Petals & Paisley designer paper
Black Stazon stamp pad
Old Olive stamp pad (for watercoloring leaves)
Pretty in Pink stamp pad (for some light sponging)
Purely Pomegranate double stitched grosgrain ribbon

4 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

I agree, sometimes simple is best! ... and this card demonstrates that perfectly! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

I love all your work! I am a "displaced" Finger Lakes person also. I grew up in Canandaigua,NY... I would love to chat with you some more! I do so miss my Finger Lakes! if you have time drop me a line at b4frog@wyan.org
thanks

Patricia Weitzel said...

Beautiful! I love the simplicity of this card.

Suzy (Doan) Tyler said...

What a darling card, Deb. I just earned this set with my last order and can't wait to put ink on it. Good job!