playing with new toys...



I am sorry that I have been neglecting you lately. I have been super busy getting ready to go to Stampin' Up!s annual convention in Salt Lake City. I hope to be able to find a way to keep you all up to date while I am there. Sadly I don't own a laptop so I will need to talk someone into letting my borrow theirs. Instead of doing the daily challenges over on Splitcoast Stampers I have been working feverishly on my swaps. I made 46 for the splitcoast dinner, 20 for a swap at Wendybell's and I have 80 so far done for general swapping. I hope to finish another 20 before I leave. But today I worked on a notebook for myself and gifts for my roomies.

I found these great notebooks at target. They are plain chipboard. The notebook is held closed with elastic and the matching pen is also chipboard. Exactly what I needed to make an altered notebook to take to convention. Now this ended up a little girlyer then I usually like but I kinda like it. I used the new Bella Rose designer paper that will be in the new fall/winter Stampin' Up! catalog. Now I did use a couple of ribbon on this that are retired and a ribbon that was in the Occasions mini but they were perfect for the project. The silk flowers from the Pretties kit were dyed by squishing them into pink pirouette and riding hood red stamp pads.

What I used:
chipboard notebook from Target
Bella Rose designer paper
Riding Hood Red and Whisper White card stock
Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red classic ink pad
silk flowers from the Pretties kit
Fire rhinestone brad
narrow and wide white organdy ribbon, old olive poly twill ribbon, pretty in pink narrow grosgrain ribbon
spiral punch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

celebrate...