the challenges of chipboard and Daniel's triumph

Okay I have to start out today bragging on one of my kids. My second son Daniel the athlete of the family, though it looks like Manny will be following in his big brother's footsteps, loves Lacrosse. His modified lax team did very well this year only losing two games to very tough teams. Summer LAX is now starting which usually involves weekly games and driving to weekend tournaments. We were notified last night that Daniel has made the Upstate Lacrosse League Select team. The 60 best 8th grade players in the league play on these teams and it is quite an honor. We are very proud!
Now on to stamping business. This is my project of the day. Today's challenge involves using chipboard. What is chipboard? Chipboard is a heavy cardboard, like what cereal boxes are made out of but much heavier. Currently this stuff is one of the hottest paper crafting embellishments on the market. It comes in letters and all sorts of shapes and sizes. The chipboard I used is from the Onboard Accents collection. You can very easily make this chipboard any color by dragging it across any color craft pad, the spots work very well too. You can cover them with designer paper, emboss them, distress them. They work great on cards or scrapbook pages and I am really excited that it looks like Stampin' Up! will have a whole bunch of new chipboard in the Fall/Winter Catalog. I can't wait to get my greedy little paws on some.
What I used:
Blossoms Abounds stamp set, Weathered background stamp
Rose Red, Going Gray, Confetti White card stock
Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Going Gray classic ink pads
Rose Red craft ink pad, sponge, clear embossing powder, heat tool, wide white organdy ribbon and OnBoard Accents chipboad, stamp-a-m-jig, foam dimensionals.
What I did:
This is actually a pretty quick card. Inked the weathered background with rose red ink. Stamped the background first on the rose red then on the confetti white, without reinking. The solid flower image in inked with rose red classic ink stamped off first. The highlight flower stamp image is also inked in rose red. I used the stamp-a-m-jig to line up the images. The stem and leaves are stamped in always artichoke, the leaves have been stamped off first. I sponged gray around the edges of the confetti white. The main image is layered on rose red and going gray. I attached the main image to the rose red background with foam dimensionals. The inked up the chipboard accent with rose red CRAFT ink then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I stamped "my friend" with going gray on a scrap of confetti white and attached it to the back of the chipboard. When I stamped "my friend" first I masked off the "my" with a post it note, inked the stamp, removed the post it note and stamped. Repeated the process with "friend" to separate the two words. Then ran the white organdy ribbon through the chipboard and around the rose red layer. Attached the whole thing to a going gray card body.

Comments

Velva said…
Congratulations Daniel! Now please tell me what that boy wants for his birthday... :)

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...