monochromatic flowers and what Manny did this weekend

Friday's bonus Limited Supply Challenge over on Splitcoast fit in well with my plans to create more cards using soon to be retired colors and stamps. The challenge was to use a monochromatic color scheme and retiring or retired flower stamp sets. So of course out came the Petal Print stamp set. I love the soft look of the flowers in this set.
What I used:
Petal Prints, Elegant Inscriptions stamp sets and Linen background stamp
Marigold Morning, Pumpkin Pie and Confetti White card stock
Marigold Morning and Basic Black classic ink
Always Artichoke Marker
tangerine grosgrain ribbon
sponge, Q-tip
How I did it:
For the main image I inked the flower stamp with Marigold Morning classic ink. Then I used a q-tip to wipe the ink off of the stem part of the image and inked the stem with a Always Artichoke marker. I stamped the image several times before reinking. Then repeated the process two more times. The Romans 12:12 verse is stamped in Basic Black ink right over the top of the flowers. The edges are sponged with Marigold Morning ink then the image is layered on Marigold Morning and Pumpkin Pie card stock. The card body is Marigold Morning as well. I stamped the card body first with the Linen background stamp then with the leaf stamp from Petal Prints both inked with Marigold Morning classic ink. I cut a small slit in the fold of the card body and tired a piece of tangerine ribbon around the card body. The main image is adhered to the card body with foam dimensionals.
Having two sisters can sometime be a major pain for Manny. First of all they are always bossing him around and second they always hog the swings in the backyard. I got so tired of listening to them fight over the swings. So Manny and I set out to Home Depot Saturday morning to fix the problem by buying a third swing for our swing set. While we were there they had one of those kids workshops going on. Manny was looking with envy at the kids walking around the store with wooden bi-planes in their hands so, since we were not in a hurry, I figured why not give it a try. Thank you Dad for teaching me which end of the hammer to hold and how to use glue and sandpaper. Manny and I had a great time and did, even if I say so myself, an excellent job. Doesn't he look cute in his Home Depot apron? Next month they are doing memory boxes, think I will take the girls...

Comments

Velva said…
Manny's biplane looks great! Tell him so from me please.
Juliana said…
Oh my goodness--I could just eat Manny for lunch!! What a cutie!! Cool plane, too! Sounds like a *treasure in your heart* day!

(oh, and pretty card, too, Debi :D )
Manny is sooooo cute! I love the apron! Your card is awesome too! CASING! LOL!
Judy Rozema said…
What a cutie!!! Love the apron too! What an awesome Mom you are!
Anonymous said…
Another beauty!!! Like your style - very peaceful!

http://celebrationmoments.typepad.com/

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...