cracked glass and the sketch challenge

My club hostess this month has requested that I teach the cracked glass technique, so I have been playing around with it. The supplies were on my counter and being lazy by nature I figured I would use the same stuff for today's sketch challenge. This is not the project that they will be doing but it will have some similarities.
what I used:
Blossoms Abound stamp set and Weathered background stamp
Chocolate Chip, Vintage Violet, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla card stock
Creamy Caramel, Vintage Violet, Always Artichoke classic ink pads and a Versamark stamp pad
glassy glaze embossing powder, sponge, vintage brads, stamp-a-m-jig
how I did it:
The first thing I did was ink the weathered background stamp with creamy caramel and stamp the background on the vintage violet background piece. Then with out reinking I stamped the same background on the piece of very vanilla. On the main image the lilacs are stamped in vintage violet and always artichoke. For the more solid of the flower stamps I inked the stamp then stamped off on my scrap paper first. Then stamped both flowers without reinking. The detail part of the flower image I lined up with the stamp-a-m-jig then stamped and repeated on the second flower without reinking. The branch and leaves were stamped for one flower then the other without reinking. The solid leaf stamps are stamped off first then stamped over the leaves that I already stamped. I then used the cracked glass technique on the main panel. I follow Beate Johns tutorial on Splitcoast. The main image is layered on always artichoke and chocolate chip. The "my friend" words are stamped in vintage violet then sponged with creamy caramel, layered on chocolate chip. I added vintage brads and attached the panel with foam dimensionals. All the layers were assembled then attached to a chocolate chip card body.

In my personal life everything is pretty much status quo. Jeff is back from Florida. The kids are still in school, Matthew and Daniel will be done next week, the younger kids on the 21st. Have a big wedding card order that I am working on. And I currently working on my outline for an adoption seminar I am speaking at this weekend. The seminar is aimed at finding homes for 35 youth in our county who are waiting for permanent homes. When I agreed to do it Jeff made me promise not to bring anymore kids home, hope I can keep my promise.

Comments

Juliana said…
BEAUTIFUL CARD!!

Good luck at your seminar!!
This is sooooo elegant! I love it!
This is an absolutely lovely card.

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...