Thursday, August 19, 2010

bless you and keep you...

Hello everyone.  Hope you had a great day.  Mine was super busy as usual but I managed to slip in a bit of playtime between loads of laundry this evening.  I managed to make a couple more cards as well as this one but since I am a meanie (or so my kids tell me) I am going to spread them out and make you wait.  I didn't do this card with any challenge in mind, a rarity I know, but I started with the sunflowers.  I had been playing around with the new dies from the Our Daily Bread Designs store that match this stamp set Happy Fall.  I have to tell you that these dies are super easy to use.  The are in two pieces.  One is a clear guide.  You place it over your colored image and line it up, then mark with a pencil in the little circle thingies.  You then remove the guide and place the die over the image lining it up with the pencils marks.  I then ran it though my Big Shot and it cut out these sunflowers perfectly.  I actually colored 9 flowers, cutting 6 out with the die.  I then trimmed off bits and layer them together to get even more depth to my flowers.

What I used:
Our Daily Bread Designs Happy Fall and matching die
SU whisper white, early espresso, always artichoke card stock
7 Gypsies Gypsy Market designer paper
Versafine black and clear embossing powder
Memento black
Copic markers
brown brads

2 comments:

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

OMGosh, Debi, this is so gorgeous!!! I love the way you have added those sun flowers with this amazing scripture.....totally beautiful!!! I hope you'll find some time to create and get to relax for a little this weekend!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Grace said...

Oh very pretty Debi! Love the layout on this!!! Love it!!!