rawhide?

Today we were challenged to use some form of leather and I really had to think about this one for a while, wasn't sure I had anything that would work. But when I shuffled through all the goodies in my office I found that I had saved a rawhide strip with a copper tag from a pair of jeans. The copper tag was too big for this project the the rawhide was exactly what I needed. Unfortunately I didn't find a big beautiful buckle while searching my office so I set out to make one on my own.

I started with a little piece of chipboard, left over from a center of something or other. I punched two holes in it so I would be able to thread the rawhide strip through it when I was done. I covered the chipboard piece with versamark ink, covered it with gold embossing powder and heated it up with my heat tool. I repeated the process two more time to get a nice thick coat of embossing powder then while it was still hot I stamped into the embossing powder with the medallion stamp ( inked by dipping it in versamark so it wouldn't stick then in chocolate chip classic to give it a distressed look) from the Wanted stamp set. I layered the chipboard "buckle" I made with a stamped medallion (punched out using a scallop punch) and a build a brad using the same medallion stamp, made into a tag using my little scrap of rawhide.

The main image of the card with the running horse is made using the horse from the Wanted stamp set. I inked the horse with chocolate chip ink, stamped, lifted up slightly and moved the stamp about a 1/4 of an inch then stamped again, moved the stamp another 1/4 of an inch and stamped again, I kept repeating this with out reinking the stamp until there was no ink left. I then added the greeting from the Holiday & Wishes stamp set and stamped over the top with the Sanded background stamp that had been stamped off a couple of times first.

The Real Red background is stamped with the Sanded background stamp inked with chocolate chip classic ink. All the edges are sponged with chocolate chip ink as well.

Comments

So western!!! I'm lovin' it!! Miss ya gal!
Juliana said…
This is just a REALLY cool card.
I love seeing it here so I can see it closer.

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

November Our Daily Bread Designs new release blog hop