2 days without a computer and a new technique

Picture me shaking. I just survived a traumatic event. My computer was ill! And I had to go two whole days without. My computer has actually been ailing for months. If I turned it off it wouldn't turn back on. This usually involves me shaking my oldest son awake at 5:50am and dragging him out of bed to get me back up and running. Then just when I learned how to deal with that problem on my own, my diabolical computer developed a new twitch, it got amnesia. I woke up one morning to find that my computer thought that it was new years eve 2002. Now I am not real swift in the morning and you should not mess with my head first thing and this was like a cruel joke because for just one minute I thought I was in my thirties again. It did that to me again a couple of times just for giggles. My oldest son either had an attack of conscience or is just plain sick of me waking him up with my computer problems decided this was the weekend to fix my it. Little did I know that it would involve my computer and my #2 sons computers being disemboweled and reconfigured. I now have a computer that is some kind of mutant cyborg but it seems to be functional. Of course my geek dad and son still have me running a linux operating system but I am learning how to manage that problem.
The only stamping I did all weekend was for the large wedding order that I am currently working on, so the challenge today was a nice change of pace. Today I gave a new technique called wet paper watercoloring a try. Since it seems that my mother's day card to my Mom went astray this will be a "sorry I am such a bad daughter " card that I will be sending out to her, just as soon as I figure out where I put those !@#$% stamps I bought the other day.
What I used:
Wild Rose stamp set, Linen and French Script background stamps, and All Year Cheer II
Chocolate Chip, True Thyme and Confetti White card stock
Close to Cocoa, Summer Sun, Marigold Morning, True Thyme, Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip classic ink pad
Hodgepodge Hardware and small oval punch
sponge and daubers
thyme stitched and mustard and chocolate grosgrain ribbon
How I did it:
This one is a little complicated. Read the tutorial linked above for the technique if you have any problems. I started with a piece of confetti white card stock. I wet it with a water mist bottle. I then inked the solid rose rubber stamp with summer sun and stamped on the wet cardstock, then did the same with the solid leaf rubber stamp inked in true thyme. The color sort of run all over, that is what they are supposed to do. I set that aside to dry and worked on the rest of the card. I took a 4x5 1/4 piece of true thyme and stamped it with the linen background stamp inked in true thyme ink. I then stamped with the French script background stamp inked in close to cocoa. Then sponged the edges of the card stock with close to cocoa ink. I tied the thyme stitched and chocolate grosgrain ribbons around the thyme card stock and attached it to the chocolate chip card body. At this point my white card stock was dry. I again inked the solid rose image with summer sun ink and stamped right over where I stamped earlier. I then repeated the process with the leaves. Next I stamped the highlight rose stamp, in marigold morning ink over the top of the solid image, repeating the process with always artichoke on the leaves. I used a dauber to add a little marigold morning ink to the center of the roses and sponged a little close to cocoa ink around the edges of the image. The whole thing still looked a little unfinished so I stamped over the top of the image with the dirty linen background stamp that I had not yet cleaned. I then layered the main image on true thyme and chocolate chip card stock. Added some brads, hardware, mustard ribbon and slapped it all together. Finished!

Tomorrow I will tell you all about how I spent my computerless weekend.

Comments

Stamingprincess said…
love this card and technique....need to give it a try myself..btw...I have a sister in Rome NY...

Deby

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

celebrate...