a fond farwell to a favorite stamp set

Yesterday was one of those days when you wonder why you ever had children. Well actually I was only wondering why I had the first one since he was giving me fits. But today is a new day and I am working on planning my June workshops. Today Julia S. over on SCS challenged us to use our soon to be retiring sets and since that fit in with my plan for the day, here we are. I must say that Autumn Leaf prints is one of my all time favorite stamp sets. I will miss being able to demo it and can not bear to part with it.


What I used:
Autumn Leaf Print stamp set and French Script background
True Thyme, Chocolate Chip, Confetti White
True Thyme, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip classic ink pad
chocolate grosgrain ribbon and thyme stitched ribbon
sponge
What I did and how I did it:
I started with a True Thyme card base, half a sheet of card stock folded in half. I stamped the birch (I believe that is what it is, correct me if I am wrong please) leaf inked in True Thyme randomly all over the card stock, reinking the stamp every 3-4 times. I then stamped the French Script background over the top with Close to Cocoa. I then sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink. Tied a piece of chocolate grosgrain around the card body and add a scrap of stitched thyme ribbon. The message is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink then I stamp a leaf in True Thyme (stamped off first) over the message. Sponged the edges lightly with Close to Cocoa ink then layered it on True Thyme and Chocolate Chip card stock. Mounted it onto the card body with dimensional foam squares to pop it up. Pretty simple but I like it.

Comments

Awesome card Debi!! I really love the colors u used!!!:)
I love these sets too! Your cards are always awesome!
Tag you're it!! Check out my blog!!!

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

November Our Daily Bread Designs new release blog hop