I had soooooo much fun...


I had so much fun yesterday when I attended the Splitcoast Stampers Central New York Gathering. I got to meet almost 40 SCS stampers, some of whom I have chatted with before. But my big moment was meeting Michelle (Flaxychick) and finding out that she has moved to within an half and hour of me. I have admired her as a stamper since long before she became a dirty girl. My sister sideline Kim was there and I didn't know she was coming so it was nice to see her. But it shows how little I pay attention that I didn't even recognize her name on the list. Another highlight of the day was meeting a fellow "stalker" (one who chats while waiting for the challenge to post). I had "stalked" with Arin (Arinstamps) several times before and it was wonderful to sit and talk with her, which I did quite a bit since we were at the same table for the morning session. I now have a bunch of faces to connect to screen names and am already looking forward to the next gathering.

Above is the swap I made for the gathering. Now I am not fond of doing swaps. I always put to much into making them, then are disappointed with what I get back. But the swap was mandatory for the gathering so I sucked it up and made a bunch of this card. And I do have to say the swaps I got in return were of a much, much higher quality then I have received in the past. Yeah!!

After I whined to my friends about having to do the swap, Jules suggested that I do the pumpkins because she liked what I had been doing with them. I was hating Jules for a while as I spent 5 hours watercoloring the images but I do have to say I like how they came out. Thank you Jules, you were right and I still love you.

What I used:
Autumn Harvest stamp set, Paisley and Linen background stamp
Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, watercolor paper
Timber Brown Stazon, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie classic ink pads
aqua painter and various reinkers for watercoloring
wide chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon
piercing tool and mat pack, distressing tool from cutter kit, sponge

This card on the left is my shoebox project that I brought to share at the gathering. Really a fairly simple card but I like how it turned out. Nothing really tricky. I made the scalloped edge with the small corner rounder (currently offered by SU) by removing the corner guide from the punch and punching in along the edge of the cardstock. The trick is to just move it enough to catch the edge of the previous punch. The medallion is made by stamping the image several times on difference colors then punching different parts of the image out using different punches then layer together

What I used:
Wanted stamp set
Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sage Shadow card stock
Outlaw designer paper
wide Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon
hodgepodge hardware, scallop punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1/2 circle punch, small corner rounder punch

So I did some fantastic projects, hung out with some cool people, got to stamp a ton of stuff but what one thing did I forget??? To take pictures!!!!

Comments

Sounds like you had a blast!! And the swap card is perfect!! Gorgeous pumpkins!

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

celebrate...