the search continues...


In my continuing search for the perfect Christmas card, I made this card. And no it is not the perfect card but it now brings my total up to 67 cards so I can't complain.

What I used:
Snow Burst and Many Merry Messages stamp sets
Blue Bayou, Basic Black and Confetti White card stock
Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Basic Black classic ink pads
silver brads, silver cord and blue bayou double stitched grosgrain ribbon
two way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter, sponge

What I did:
I started this card by masking off an oval, the mask was cut from a scrap of card stock using my oval coluzzle template and cutter kit. I then sponged inside the mask using soft sky ink. I stamped some snowflakes in soft sky and some in blue bayou ink. I removed the mask and stamped a couple more snowflakes in blue bayou. I stamped "be merry" in basic black ink and added the silver brads. The main image was then layered on basic black and a blue bayou card body. I added blue bayou double stitched ribbon and a little bit of silver cord. And since the card was still missing something I added some glitter to each of the blue bayou snowflakes.

Since I haven't bragged on my kids all week I thought I was due. This weekend was the perfect fall weekend. Sunday was simple gorgeous so we made our annual trip to Tim's pumpkin patch, Anna's greenhouse and Beak&Skiff apple farm.
Jessi found her perfect pumpkin
and Manny found his
Daniel thinks we found way, way, way to many pumpkins!
We always have to visit the animals
The best part about apple picking is eating the apples
but picking them is fun too!
I will be so glad when we manage to adopt Ellie because leaving her out of my bragging is killing me. Hopefully in early December we will have more news on that front and when it is all done I will share a bunch of pictures of her.

Comments

Keri Brown said…
This looks like you guys had fun... Great pictures...


Oh and you've been tagged.... Check out my blog for details at

http://gotstamps.blogspot.com/2007/10/ive-been-tagged.html

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

November Our Daily Bread Designs new release blog hop