back to stamping and the birthday boy

I finally got a chance to stamp this morning instead of my usual Black Friday Christmas shopping. It has sort of been a tradition that I take one of the boys and go BUT (gasp!) I have already finished my shopping! Can you believe it? Guess I don't have any excuses to not do some baking this year, huh? Because I haven't been able to get out much this fall I actually did most of my shopping online this year.

Alright enough bragging, back to stamping. Today's card was all about snowflakes. Since everything here is covered with snow, it sounded like a good way to start. Very simple. I stamped the greeting from Many, Merry Message in real red ink of confetti white card stock. The snowflakes from Snow Burst are stamped in going gray and basic gray. I used the mat pack and piercing tool to add some interest in the corners. Layered the white on basic black, added some basic gray taffeta ribbon then added the layers to a basic gray card body. Wish I had some red glitter to add to the center of the snowflakes but since I don't it will have to do as is.

I have to do just a little bit more bragging. Manny turned 6 last week. Since he and his sister's birthdays are only a couple of weeks apart they have never had their own parties but this year Manny really wanted to have his own party. Since he decided on a pirate party, I did my best with the cake (hey! no laughing! cake decorating is not one of my talents!), made a treasure chest out of a shoe box, filled it with goodies and Jeff and Daniel put together a treasure hunt. Manny said it was the best birthday party ever! As a mom you can't ask for more then that!

Comments

Leslie Knox said…
I know as a mom I treasure those moments where you gets smiles such as the one on your son's face! I bet it will be a birthday to remember for him!

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...