the Lord is my strength...

I managed to feel up some time yesterday to play around in my office with some of the August release from Our Daily Bread Designs that hadn't seen ink yet.  The Scripture Collections have always been some of my favorites and on this one I used a scripture from the first set.  It paired up so nicely with the new Flower Frames 2.  I stamped the verse in the frame then masked the center and sponged around the frame with wheat colored chalk ink.  I add a bit of color with some Copic markers as well.  For a finishing touch I added one fancy metal brad in the corner so that I could enter the card in this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge.  

What I used:
Our Daily Bread Designs Flower Frames 2 and Scripture Collection 1
SU whisper white, basic black and ruby red card stock
more scraps of designer paper that have become anonymous over time
Versafine black
Versamagic wheat
clear embossing powder
Copic markers
SU designer brad
wide black grosgrain ribbon

Comments

peggysue said…
Beautiful card and what great paper! I'm so glad you found the time to ink up your new stamps! Thanks for participating this week in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge!
Becky said…
Gorgeous card and wonderful design paper. What a great idea to mask this off, I own these..why didn't I think of that :). Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.
Miesje said…
This is beautiful! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
Anonymous said…
Hi Debi, I am praying for your DH! I hope he is mending well and the surgeon is making helpful suggestions.

Your card is beautiful as always. I love your treatment of ODBD's border as it fits the paper so well. Thanks for playing along this week at SSCC.
Lovely Linda said…
Hi Debi - I am praying for your DH! This is fabulous - love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge - we love to have you join us! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

celebrate...