color throwdown 80...

Hello everyone!  Are you ready for another Color Throwdown?  This weeks colors are light green (I used river rock or sage shadow would be good too), rust and burgundy.  The colors were inspired by the Vintage Valentine paper from Fancy Pants.  Danielle and Tammy both used it on their samples and it is a really pretty strip.  For my card I hunted through my scraps until I found a bit of Stampin' Up! Ginger Blossom designer paper and used that for the base of my design.  I wanted to make the Scripture on this card the focal point so I just added a couple of layers of color and a fancy border from Martha Stewart around it and some simple embellishments.
 
Make sure you pop over to the rest of the teams blogs.  They have created some fun stuff.

What I used:
bravo burgundy, really rust, river rock, very vanilla card stock
SU Ginger Blossom designer paper
Versafine black stamp pad
SU river rock stitched grosgrain ribbon
jumbo brads of unknown origin
Martha Stewart deep edge punch

Comments

Barbara said…
VERY pretty, Debi!! LOVE how you layered the rust under that punched border!
LeAnne said…
This is a gorgeous card--I really love the verse and your design is simple but striking! So glad you're with us this month!
Broni said…
This is beautiful, Debi!! I love how you just used a touch of the rust behind the burgundy layer! Perfect touch!!
Debi, this is GORGEOUS! I love CAS, elegant cards...and yours fits the bill PERFECTLY! LOVE how you layered the rust under the MS punched border!!! Great idea. Also love that sentiment as the focal point with your coordinating sage embellishments.

I owe you a HUGE apology also. I totally forgot to link you last night when I published my post. I'm soooo sorry! You're linked now :]
Kelley said…
These colors are s pretty together!!! Beautiful card!
Monika/Buzsy said…
Pretty card! Love what you did with the colors. :o) That verse is beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...