sing to the lord a new song...

Good morning all. Since the very first time I saw the new Basic Grey Origins designer paper I knew I wanted to use it with bird images. I thought that I would take a break from the newest Our Daily Bread Designs stamps and pull out an oldie but goodie "Sing to the Lord" for this one. Betty Wright has challenged us to use this set and add dimension and texture in her Stamping in Time challenge. Now I cheated just a bit on this one. Because I wanted to use the Mojo Monday sketch, I need the bird to be facing in the opposite direction then he does. So I stamped the image on vellum paper and embossed the image then colored it with markers. I then turned the image over, so that my bird faces in the opposite direction. The verse is also embossed on vellum and overlaid on designer paper like the bird image. My verse is popped up on foam tape to add dimension and I added ribbon and brads in addition to the embossing to add some texture.
What I used:
vellum, old olive, soft suede card stock
versafine black stamp pad, close to cocoa stamp pad
clear embossing powder
eyelet edge border punch
crushed curry polka dot ribbon
Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies
Basic Grey brads
sponge

Comments

Kathy said…
It's a beauty- I love it!
Jean said…
Hi Debi, Your card is beautiful - your coloring awesome - and what a neat tip on turning the image by using vellum.
Betty Wright said…
Debi, this is so gorgeous! Beautiful colors and design! Love the texture and dimension! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!
Grace said…
Debi this is absolutely stunning!!! I just love how you did this and the dp is gorgeous!!! Awesome job on Betty's challenge!!!
Milnie said…
gorgeous card Debi! love the cute birdie and the sentiment!


hugs,

Mélanie
Laurie in MN said…
Very lovely card. That stamp is so pretty with the delicate flowers.

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...