flower power...

Good Morning all.  Do you want a good chuckle at my expense?  Well here is my story.  I waited until the last minute yesterday to make my card for this weeks Anyone for Anya? challenge.  Being in the states I am a bit behind London time and my card should be in by midnight.  No problem that is 7:00pm here and since I usually work at least 4-5 days ahead it is rarely, if ever, an issue.  Well I had a child home sick from school for 3 days this week, then the hubby was off from work Friday, as was I, so we spent the day goofing off.  Saturday rolls around and I had planned to finish up the last of the books for the businesses so we can go see the tax guy, which takes most of the day, but I still have plenty of time to do my card.  I updated my calendar and to do list for the next 6 weeks then headed to my office.  I probably should have actually LOOKED at the to do list because I made a really adorable card, took a picture, loaded it on to my computer, watermarked it and went to load it to the blog (it was now 6:57pm) and GUESS WHAT?!?!!  I had used the wrong challenge!  This weeks challenge is Flower Power, and not a flower in sight!  And it isn't like I used the next weeks challenge, I used the current challenge for another team but the wrong image.  So back to the drawing board... **sigh**

Because at this point I was desperate for inspiration and much in need of a card quickly, I hit the sketch challenges.  I found the sketch from Sketch Saturday to be exactly what I needed, though I did switch out the circle for an oval and was off.  And that is my story...
Our sponsor this week is:
What I used:
The Greetings Farm Miss Anya
vanilla and baja breeze card stock
Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday designer paper
Memento black
Prisma color pencils, OMS and blending stumps
Copic markers
decorative brad, Prima flowers, vanilla narrow grosgrain ribbon
swiss dot embossing folder, Nestie oval

Comments

Hey Debi!! LOL! Your story sounds quite familiar...! Your card is adorable!!!
Deborah Anton said…
I love it!! The colors are so bright and cheery!
Francie G. said…
Well, you certainly pulled it out, lady! So adorable! Beautifully done, Deb!
Hi Debi,

Had to tell you that I LOVE how you added the ribbon!!!

Liefs, Renata

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...