white poinsettias...

If you want to play along with the Our Daily Bread November Blog Hop either scroll down to November 1st or click here.

Do you ever have a picture of a card in your head? You know exactly how you want it to look but it rarely ever turns out exactly the way you planned? Well today I actually managed to make my card look exactly how I wanted it. I have been wanting to make white poinsettias with this set since its arrive and today was the day. I wanted to play along with the SplitCoastStampers Try a New Technique challenge which was to do blank embossing or double embossing. Instead of me explaining how to do the technique I would refer you to the challenge for links and instructions. I chose to do blank embossing, wasn't going to push my luck on 4 hours of sleep, if you know what I mean! Basically what blank embossing does is leave a void in the middle of your embossed background which I filled with this verse from Matthew 1:21 which is from the Our Daily Bread Designs newly released set Christmas Verses. The poinsettias from the ODBD Luke 2:11 stamp set were embossed in white, I added a bit of color to the centers with a marker then fussy cut them out, layering some pieces together. The leaves are merely another poinsettia colored with an olive marker then cut into pieces.
What I used:
ODBD Christmas Verses and Luke 2:11
SU whisper white, basic black, old olive card stock
Momento black stamp pad
Versamark stamp pad
white embossing powder
summer sun and old olive stampin' write markers
Jingle Bells ribbon
Leaves Cuttlebug embossing folder

Comments

Grace said…
Debi this is absolutely gorgeous!!! You really aced the challenge and I love your white on white poinsettias! Sooo elegant!!! Great detail and embossing! Sure hope the kids get better so you can get some rest!!!
Silke Ledlow said…
WOWZER - Debi - this is so gorgeous!!! Love the white poinsettias!!! Hugs ~S~
Danni said…
What a stunning card! Oh so gorgeous!
Holy smokes!! This is one outrageously gorgeous (and super cool) card!!!!! Omigosh, I totally LOVE it!!!!!
Kelley said…
This is so pretty! I love how it turned out!! So awesome!!
Irene said…
Absolutely stunning! I love the way that you incorporated the technique!
Anonymous said…
This is a gorgeous card!
Jan Hunnicutt said…
Your card is simply gorgeous! I saw it in the SCS gallery and linked over.

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...