I finally get to tell you...

I am so super excited. I finally get to tell you all what I have been bursting to tell you since July. I am going to be the next guest designer for...

Yes!!! Our Daily Bread designs! I have loved Kelley's designs since she first started the company and I am so happy to be able to show you , starting tomorrow her newest designs. Below are a couple of the cards that I have made using Our Daily Bread design stamps.
This card uses "Keep My Lamp Burning" which is my favorite ODBD stamp set. Family trips to Nova Scotia and Maine as a kid have left me with a love of lighthouses. Combine that with fantastic scripture verses and you can't lose. For this card I chose to use black and white combined with touches of curry,kraft, red and blue to give it a nautical feel. The moon behind the lighthouse was made by used sponges and several masks. First I masked the light house then punch a circle out of a post it note, setting the circle aside for later. I placed the post it note with the circle where I wanted the moon to be and sponged with crushed curry ink. I removed the post it note, still leaving the light house masked and placed the circle punched from the post it note over the moon. I then sponged in the night sky in bordering blue.
I chose my color combination for this card from the Basic Grey designer paper used in the back ground. Melon mambo, soft suede and old olive highlight this favorite verse from the Design Team Scripture Collection 2.

Comments

Betty Wright said…
WooHoo!!! Now, I can add you to my ODBD blog roll, too!!! Welcome and I look forward to seeing more of your ODBD creations.

Beautiful cards and designs, Debi!!! Lovely work!!!
Jodi Collins said…
Congratulations Debi!!! This is SUCH exciting news and you are SOOOO deserving!! Enjoy!!
Sharon Caudle said…
Congrats! Your cards are gorgeous! I'm very happy for you! hugs!
Silke Ledlow said…
Welcome Debi!!! So nice to see you as our GDT!!! Have fun!!!

Both of your cards are just GORGEOUS!!! Hugs ~S~
Stacy Morgan said…
Beautiful cards Debi. CONGRATS... WHOHOOOO
Anonymous said…
There are all so pretty. I can't really choose just one I like the best. But the card with Basic Grey paper and melon mambo, just love it
Gloria Westerman said…
I guess I don't know what I'm doing. The anonymous comment is me. Love all your cards.

Popular posts from this blog

color throwdown 100th challenge celebration!

Our Daily Bread Designs September blog hop...

a time for changes and reflection...